In construction, determining the distance, short length of materials, construction works is essential. Previously the measurement of results was often inaccurate due to the use of some necessary equipment, now thanks to the invention of the rangefinder technology used to measure some distance from one point to another the right way quickly with a deficient error. Thanks to the application of technological advances, human technology has researched and invented several modern devices to serve the desires of everyone, including the laser measuring tool. In today’s article, I will show you the importance of a laser measuring tool. Let’s find out now.
Common types of laser measuring tools
Laser distance meters are often used as convenient handheld devices or larger computers used to measure long distances. Depending on the product with different brands and structures, the price is also different, suitable for each user’s use and shopping conditions.
Currently, the brand of quality laser distance meter can be included Bosch, Topcon, Leica, … All brands have their types of structural design machines to help people perform different functions efficiently.
Convenient and compact laser measuring tool with features like:
Direct measurement of regular length and distance. Besides, it can deliver many other services such as calculating area, calculating volume, accumulating measurement values, except measurement values, indirect measurement Pythagoras, measuring continuous distance, measuring distance Min / Max, measuring distance divided, … extremely convenient, helping users do not waste much time calculating.
Save up to 50 measurement results, measurement timer, self-adjusting milestones by versatile machine tail plate to limit errors, disconnect after a period of not used to save battery …
The meter is fast, simple, and the tester can do it alone, saving time and effort, and can mount a tripod to measure more distances.
Field of use
With the above advantages, the laser measuring tool is currently widely used in many fields, including the typical applications as follows:
- Construction: Measurement survey, construction supervision, size, area, floor, ceiling, wall volume, pile depth measurement, …
- Furniture: Dimension measurement, survey, positioning, and installation of furniture.
- Electricity and water: Measure, calculate the number of wires, pipes, calculate the location of the outlet, electrical equipment, cables, …
- Carpentry: Measure the height of the door, wall, … to be able to calculate the amount of wood needed.
Importance of distance measuring devices
Laser measuring tools have a particularly important role in life, especially in the field of development, to determine the fastest distance measurements. This type of laser measuring tool is prevalent in the industry, especially the indispensable construction industry for accurate geodetic measurement. Also, it is used for electrical production, carpenters, locksmiths, …
Previously, construction engineers spent a lot of time measuring, adjusting the size with a tape measure, rudimentary tools, but now with a handheld distance meter, all things become extremely simple. Laser distance meter provides real laser light (does not produce sound) for the most accurate measurement. With this device, you need to stand still and point the laser to the point that you need to measure; the measurement results will appear on the LCD screen as quickly as possible. All measurement calculations are operated rapidly directly through the keys, display of the ruler. Moreover, you can store many measurement results to serve later.
A handheld laser measuring tool is used to determine the distance of contact space or object by way of a laser. With this device, it is possible to identify vast distances within 1 kilometer and to accumulate independently to calculate the surface and the volume to be calculated. Using handheld distance meters, construction engineers will save measurement time and geology to help reduce labor costs but still bring productivity.
For the rangefinder to work correctly, construction engineers should pay attention to the following:
- Firstly, you should choose to buy a distance meter of famous brands from reputable suppliers.
- Secondly, when using a laser measuring tool, you do not arbitrarily change the performance of the laser equipment if intentional changes will cause dangerous laser radiation.
- Third, during the measurement, you must not look at the light emitted from the laser or look directly at the optical instruments to avoid affecting the eyes.
- Fourth, it bothers me when you don’t direct the laser on people or animals.
- Fifth, you remove the battery from the meter when not in use for a long time if it has not been used for a long time, it must be checked before use.
- Sixthly, when the device is showing low power, it is necessary to replace the battery to ensure the accuracy of the equipment.
There are many views on the use of laser distance meters. However, many people still do not fully understand its importance in work as well as life. Above, we have learned the areas that need a laser distance meter, as well as the importance of its application. Hopefully, after this article, you will find yourself the best laser measuring tool to use them to help you with your work.